beauty, fashion & lifestyle

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Top Four 'Can't Live Without' Lip Products



Lipsticks, tints and glosses are all well and good, but if you're lips aren't in tip top condition you won't get the best out of them. Many of us suffer from chapped, dry, flaking lips and having just experienced winter in Australia I know that feeling all too well. While chapped lips are ridiculously annoying and uncomfortable, they also have the ability to make you love your lipstick a little less. As disgusting as it sounds, products have a tendency to cake around dry areas of skin and often don't look as luscious as you first hoped. Don't despair though, there are a whole heap of products on the market to help combat uncomfortable chapped lips that won't cost you an arm and a leg. So to find out how to get that $10 Rimmel looking a little more like a $50 Chanel, keep on reading. 

//Lucas' Papaw Ointment $6
Loved by models around the world, this little red tube of heaven is a lifesaver. Soothes lips and a multitude of other skin issues - cuts, minor burns, dry cuticles, chafing and temporarily helps relieve symptoms of eczema and dermatitis, just to name a few. I love this for an overnight lip balm, as you're guaranteed to wake up with softer smoother lips. Slather this on and your lips will be protected from everything from wind to sun. 

//Kiehl's Lip Balm in Mango $12
I'm slightly addicted to these (I also have the Pear, Coconut & Original lipbalms, oops).  I love mango everything so when I discovered that this lip balm came in a mango scent I was sold.  I love this for when I don't need something as heavy duty as the Papaw ointment, but still want something for when my lips are on the slightly drier side. Also contains SPF which is a bonus.

//Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub $9.95
This smells absolutely gorgeous.  Love this for scrubbing away any flaky bits of skin (gross) and leaving my lips feeling silky soft and plump.  I use this about twice a week or whenever necessary and follow with a heavy duty lip balm such as the Lucas' Papaw Ointment to really amp up the moisture levels.

//Bert's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm in Pomegranate $7
I loved this so much in my early teenage years and I used to always have one with me wherever I went. Growing older I somehow forgot about this gem of a lip balm, as I became more interested in trying different products. I recently picked one up from Priceline and at $7 they're a bargain. I love this for a good everyday lip balm that I can wear under lipsticks. The Chapstick Strawberry Lip Balm for $4.70 is also great for serving the same purpose.  

Let me know your favourite lip care products in the comments.

Cait xx





2 comments:

  1. I love the Kiehl's Lip balm. Glad you can't live without it too, just like me, ha ha : )
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's incredible!! Love your blog by the way! xx

      Delete

WordPress & Blogger Templates by pipdig