beauty, fashion & lifestyle

Saturday 20 September 2014

Rediscovering Old Favourites

I have a tendency to fall into a rut with products I use, I rarely mix it up and I end up neglecting a whole heap of products that I do genuinely love purely because there are others within arms reach. I tend to stick to products that I know work for me and I don't venture away from those favourites too often. In an attempt to mix up my make up a little bit, I've recently rummaged through my makeup drawers and rediscovered some products that I used to (and still do now) adore. 
//Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush in Iced Lotus $49
Could Clinique have fitted the word blush or a variation of the word in the title of this product any more times? Such a gorgeous blush with such a lovely smooth, light texture. Glides effortlessly onto the skin and stays all day.  It gives such a stunning, natural, rosy glow and is also highly pigmented. The colour is a kind of mix of violet and a cool pink, it is super gorgeous and gives such a lovely fresh look on the cheeks. 

//Mac Blush in Peachykeen $41
I'd describe Peachykeen as a shimmery peachy pink, kind of similar to Nars Orgasm Blush. Fairly pigmented, glides onto the skin well, the longevity of it is good however doesn't compare to Clinique's Iced Lotus. One thing it does have in common with Iced Lotus is the gorgeous healthy glow it gives to your cheekbones. Definitely give this a go if a radiant complexion is what you're after. 

//Rimmel Stay Matte Powder $6.50
Completely neglected this after I fell in love with the Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot. Unfortunately I've been unable to get my hands on a new Soap & Glory powder here in Australia, so I've had to go back to my Rimmel Stay Matte. It does it's job, keeps my makeup in place and has a ridiculously good price tag - what more could you want?

//Benefit They're Real Mascara $38
Have absolutely no idea why I stopped using this, but wow this is good stuff. I find that it gives my lashes both volume and length, giving them a very dramatic look. My only problem with this product is that I do get the 'panda eyes' look happening, which isn't ideal for someone like me who can never be bothered touching up their make up throughout the day. 

//Nars Lip Gloss in Wonder $35
I absolutely adored this when I purchased it over a year ago but I started to move away from it as the weather got cooler and I turned to berries and deep red lipsticks. Such a gorgeous bright but not too in-your-face orange with a slight shimmer to it. Perfect as the weather warms up. 

Cait xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

WordPress & Blogger Templates by pipdig