beauty, fashion & lifestyle

Saturday 12 March 2016

A Holy Grail Base



If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know that the only foundation I used to swear by was Nars Sheer Glow.  Well times have changed, and Estee Lauder's Double Wear has got my makeup-loving heart skipping a beat. 



For ages, people have been raving about this foundation, but I never picked it up until recently. You hear people talking about it using the terms "matte, long lasting, high coverage" and for some reason in my head that translated into cakey and full faced, and seeing as my favourite foundation at the time was Nars Sheer Glow, I've always been more into the dewy, softer bases.  But I recently picked up a sample of Double Wear from Myer and I couldn't believe how flawless my skin looked, how the colour was a perfect match and how the product didn't make me look overdone at all. I was sold and in there buying the full product the very next day.  

My shade of choice is desert beige, a medium shade with yellow undertones which is a perfect match for when I'm fake tanned. The coverage is medium but buildable which I love, as I've never really been into lighter bases such as BB creams or tinted moisturisers. I love a base which covers my problem areas but still looks like skin.  It has a semi-matte finish which looks gorgeous on, giving the appearance of incredibly flawless skin. The colour is gorgeous, the coverage is great, but it's the longevity which really astounds me every time I wear it. I used to always struggle with foundations cracking, fading or oxidising throughout the day, but with Double Wear, my face honestly looks the same at night as it did when I applied it 12 hours earlier that morning. To really prove my point, I was slightly naughty and wore it at the gym for a good hour and a half sweat sesh. It did not budge!  It doesn't settle into fine lines either and I don't ever have an issue with it settling around dry skin. Most days I don't bother with a primer and others I don't even powder since this product is enough on its own, it just doesn't stray.

Having a fairly normal skin type, I imagine this foundation would be most ideal for those with normal-oily skin types. For skin on the slightly more dry side though, I would suggest picking up a sample before taking the full plunge. 

The price for this one is $50 which I think is incredibly reasonable for such a long lasting gorgeous high end foundation. I've tried some for much more that just haven't impressed me like this one.

10/10

Cait xx

*Rings are from Pandora

No comments:

Post a Comment

WordPress & Blogger Templates by pipdig